Venue – Bridesmaids - Groomsmen - Ring Bearer - Flower Girl -
Outside/Inside DJ/Live Music Attire -
1. Prelude – Any musical preludes or solos should take place at least 5 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony, and can begin 15-20 minutes prior to start of wedding.
2. Beginning The Wedding – Processional (optional music or songs)
- James enters and walks to the front
3. Seating of the Special Guests Having the support and involvement of parents, grandparents and other special guests in the ceremony brings a special blessing to the couple and also expresses honor to these special people.
Seating of the Groom’s grandparents (if multiple sets, rotate back and forth between groom and bride)
Seating of the Bride’s grandparents
Seating of the Groom’s parents (if Step-parents are involved from both sides, you can alternate between groom and brides families)
Seating of the Bride’s mother
Seating of any additional special guests – rotate between groom and brides guests
4. Bridal Processional Begins
Bridesmaids enter escorted by groomsmen
Maid or Matron of Honor enters escorted by the Best Man
Ring Bearer enter
Flower girl enter
5. Wedding March Begins – Bride and her escort enter. James will announce, “All rise.”
6. Giving Away of the Bride – James will ask, “Who gives this woman to be married to this man”? or “Who agrees to share this woman’s life with this man?” Brides escort will affirm “I do, her mother and I or her family does”
7. Guests are Seated – Welcome/Opening Remarks
8. Opening Prayer (optional – if requested)
9. Remembering those not with us
10. Special Reading/Song (optional – if requested) – Flower Girl and Ring Bearer can be seated with their parents at this time if they are younger.
11. Ceremony - Marriage Acrostics, Special Poems, Scriptures, any other readings or special requests
12. Wedding Vows – Groom goes first, then bride – vows can be the same for both, or completely different, based on couples desires. Three basic types of vows: Repeat after me, I do, or custom
13. Exchanging of Rings – Custom or Standard
14. Unity Ceremony (optional – if requested) – Sand ceremony, Rock Ceremony, Hand Blessing, Unity Candle, numerous options to choose from
**** Please take a look at my website for all the different options.
15. The Pronouncement – In accordance to the State Laws of Texas and with divine authority, I pronounce you legally married, husband and wife
16. The Kiss – James: Groom, you may now kiss your Bride/Wife!
17. The Closing Prayer/Blessing (optional – if requested)
18. Presentation of the Couple – It is now my privilege to introduce to you for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. ____.
19. Recessional The wedding party exits the platform, typically in the following order: Bride and Groom Maid or Matron of Honor and Best Man Flower Girl and Ring Bearer Bridesmaids and Groomsmen
20. Conclusion – Thanking guests for attending and providing instructions for reception and wedding party pictures.